Plans, organizes, and conducts dietetic education for agency personnel. Functions as a member of the home care team with expertise in nutritional counseling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements a nutritional plan based on an assessment of nutritional needs. This plan is included in the patient’s plan of care.
- Evaluates and reports results of nutrition appropriately.
- Instructs home care personnel to:
- Provide appropriate counseling to individuals and families/caregivers in the home setting.
- Evaluate and instruct on nutritional principles, dietary plans, food selection and economics.
- Adapt plans to the individual’s life style, as indicated.
- Reevaluate nutritional care by providing home follow-up care.
- Communicates appropriate dietary history and nutritional care data in the clinical record.
- Records subjective and objective information, assessment, treatment plan, in the clinical notes including a discharge summary.
- Communicates with clinician regarding patient’s progress and treatment goals.
- Maintains confidentiality and safety of patient clinical records.
- Complies with the Organization’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by staffs of this job. The staffs may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Preferably, holds a Master’s degree from an accredited institution with major in foods, nutrition, or dietetics, and successful completion of an internship or equivalent experience.
- Successfully completed courses in methods and principles of nutrition counseling.
- A member of and is registered in the American Dietetic Association.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR Certification.